Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Is there any medication to get taller ?

I have a twin brother, and he's 2 inch taller than me. About genetics, my father is the tallest of the family, and my mother, we are about the same height. i currently 20 years, and i'am afraid that if i don't do anything about it, i'll stay short. and also, i Don't smoke or drink.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  308
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM..
Thanks for your query...,
Growth of the individual is very complicated issue..,
I will try to explain....
It is secrete from Ant.pituitary gland in the Brain...
Fastest growth seen in embryonic life (2 feet)..,
After only 3 growth spurts are seen at...infancy, childhood and puberty...,
It depends mainly on Nutrition......After 1 year...,
Endocrine factors come in the action...,
During the first 2 years of growth called...Catch up Growth...,
Childhood growth depends on GH and Thyroxin...,hence growth is faster..,
The growth spurt during puberty is due to both GH..,and Sex steroids...,
After Growth is very less..So evaluate where growth is defective..?
consult good pediatric endocrinologist and follow accordingly....,ok.good luck
Answered: Mon, 7 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

A person grows rapidly during puberty and stops after that. If you still want to increase your height then you will to go for physical activity like swimming, baseket ball etc.

Answered: Fri, 30 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor