Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is there any home remedy to get rid of eye pain caused due to computer usage ?

i am having little pain in my eye, can you suggest me some home remedy ? i use computer for around 3-4 hour daily and watch 3-4 movie every weak in theater.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  2048
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Madhav,
Welcome to HCM.
You need to get your ophthal examination done to check you power if you have frequent pains.You can also put slice of cucumber on your eyelids everyday to relax, it may be due to straining your eye as you are always on computer.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello Mr. Madhav,
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
Pain behind or in the eyes could be due to a condition called Glaucoma. Hence you must consult an optician or an ophthalmologist and have your eye pressures measured.
If there is an indication of glaucoma, you need proper assessment and treatment.Do take care, Thanks
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello Madhav
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Eyes are very sensitive organs of our body.excessive exposure to light and radiations may have a harmful effect on them. Eye strain ,watering ,itching may be symptoms of the first and foremost avoid excessive eye strain as much as possible.
Try the following tips
Wash eyes with water thrice a day especially after coming from outdoors
Use anti glare spectacles during work or excessive screen watching
Do regular yoga for body and eyes it includes moving your eyeballs in all 8 directions up down sides and diagonals .
Eat vitamin a rich foods like carrots papaya etc
For mild pain u may try comforting your eyes with your palms closed on them after rubbing hands to generate warmth.
If pain persists get checkup done by ophthalmologist for spectacles or any other problem.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor