Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Is there any home remedy for the swollen eye which has spread to the cheek bone?

my husband has had a swollen eye for two days now, not his eye lid and his eye is not blood shot nor is it a sty or pink eye. The swelling has spread a bit to the top of his cheek bone and of course he doesn t think he should go to the hospital anything we can do at home to help?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Nov 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that your husband has got swollen eye. Swollen eye is usually seen because of injury or because of inflammation like hordeolum or pink eye. Since you have told that both are not there, no need to worry.
You can use cold compression by ice packs application to the swelling as home remedy.

If the swelling wont decrease then need to consult your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Thank you
Answered: Sat, 14 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor