Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Is there any good treatment for pain in teeth ?

Hi, I had cavity in my teeth around 4 years and because of that I had huge pain and went to dentist and he cleaned the teeth and filled some material. The material he filled came out in 2-3 days but I did not had any pain till 4 years. Now I am not sure whether the cavity started in next teeth (next to the teeth in that I had cavity earlier) but I am getting huge pain which making me feel like hell. As of now I had taken a pain killer table (Ketorolac) and I am not sure how it is going to affect. I just want to know whether I need to get filled some material in my teeth to get rid of this pain or is there any other treatment I can take. --Narendra
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
The Caries (decay) in the tooth must be very deep to reach yhe pulp causing inflammation of the pulp called PULPITIS. A better option in this case would be a Root Canal Treatment, the feasibility of which can be assesed by a dentist, else extraction of the concerned tooth may be needed followed by an artifitial replacement.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for your query,
Root canal treatment and crown over the tooth is the treatment.
Avoid very hot and very chilled food.
Chew slowly.
Avoid non-veg for few days.
Brush your teeth twice daily.
For sensitive teeth and decay ,apply Colgate Gel Cam(USA) with finger or a cotton bud all over the teeth,do not rinse with water till half an hour.You can just spit if you want.Follow the instructions written on the box.Continue this treatment for a month or two.
For further information write to
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
A cavity on a tooth has to be filled at the earliest. If the cavity is in dentin it will result in sensitivity while taking cold foods and sweets.The treatment at this stage is a permanent filling. If the decay has involved the pulp it will result in pain. The treatment then is root canal treatment and crown over the tooth.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum
you have cavity with infection and you need ROOT CANAL TREATMENT .
better to consult dentist
avoid cold food and drink
avoid chewing that side you can take pain killer for short time

i hope i answered your question
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Varun Mishra's  Response
hello friend, welcome to healthcare magic,
your problem is a chronic case of pulpitis or periodontitis, which can be assured by any good dentist after having an x-ray.there are 2 treatments-
1.root canal treatment followed by capping or crown of that tooth,
2. extraction or removal of that tooth if you do not desire to save that tooth or the prognosis is poor.
consult the dental surgeon fast.
thank you for putting question.
Answered: Wed, 14 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Naveen kumar's  Response
dear you are experiencing severe pain in your tooth so definitely caries has reached upto your pulp [the part which contains nerves].there are just 2 options- root canal treatment or extraction.RCT should definitely be preferred as it saves your tooth.extraction is performed when tooth cant be saved by RCT.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor