Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is there any exercise to increase height ?

hello i m manzir, i m 20 years old i need to grew 3-5 inches currently my height is 5.5, is it possible that grow my height via exercises? is it swimming can help to grow help?
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for query,
Most probably now it is not possible to increase your height as epiphisis of long bones unite with bones so further growth is less likely.
Even then you do running,jogging,swimming,jumping ropes.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dietitian & Nutritionist Peter S Fahmy's  Response
Hi Manzir
Ur height depends on many factors, most of them genetically, plus hormonal effect & nutritional effect
Unfortunaetly, u can't manipulate at ur age in any factor
But I can advise u to live ur life & enjoy ur height .. u r not short .. so enjoy it & get the most of it
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor