Owl Image

Is there any chance that an electronic BP test was misread ?

Is there any chance that an electronic Blood Pressure Test was misread?
I had a BP test in an optometrist office recently, and they came up with a reading of 205/131. This seems extreme to me. Things I noticed about the test is that the cuff was not secured on my arm, it actually started to fall off as the cuff pressurized, and I was wearing a thick dress shirt and they didn't ask me to roll up my sleeve, they just took the reading through the shirt. I made an appointment with my doctor anyway, but I thought I'd get some other input here as well. Thanks, Dan
Thu, 17 Dec 2009