Is there any chance for hearing improvement in both ears after treatment for left side vestibular schwannoma ?

Dear Sir, I am sending details as given in the MRI BRAIN REPORT taken in August 2003 at sree chithra thirunal medical science and technology, Thiruvananthapuram Kerala and October 2010 in Christian Medical College Vellore: SEQUENCE: SE T1 Axial,coronal FSE T2 Axial,sagittal,coronal FSE PD Axial Post contrast fat sat-Axial,sagittal,coronal FINDINGS There is evidence of 2.1 x 2cm size extra axial mass lesion seen in the LEFT CP angle region extending in to IAC. The lesion appear iso intense to grey matter on T1 and T2 WI and shows homogenous contrast enhancement. Widening and destruction of internal acoustic canal noted. Mild mass effect over pons and left middle cerebellar peduncle noted. Bilateral cerebral hemispheres appear normal. No focal lesion. Ventricles are not dilated. Vascular flow voids appear normal. MRI DIAGNOSIS - LEFT SIDE VESTIBULAR SCHWANNOMA Age: 42 yrs Male married. Mild diabetic and Bp under control (taking tablets regularly) Sore throat, Ringing sound in both ears. Nerve weakness as per ENT doctors opinion. h/h in both ears. Left ear is very worst and right ear is little better. Non-vegeterian and teetotaller. Neurologist advised for surgery/gamma knife in August 2003. In October 2010 MRI shows no sign of change in the size of tumor that of diagnosed in 2003. So the neurologist in CMC Hospital Vellore advised in October 2010 to wait and watch. But my hearing in both ears are decreasing. Please advise me in this regard. Sir, is there any chance for hearing improvment in both ears after treatment? I dislike surgery and wish to take alternative treatments other than surgery without any side effects. regards YYYY@YYYY      
Thu, 16 Jan 2020

The tumor is encasing or arising from the nerves which control heating and balance. So invariably hearing will be affected.

Unfortunately, no treatment option is available. Even in the surgery we will be removing the portion of the nerves and thus hearing will be impaired permanently.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician