Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Is there any alternative to taking high BP medicines life long ?

Respected Dr my BP is 151/90. I had visited in country area in my village before some time. there I fell ill, feels so tired, sleepy perhaps there was so hot these days. I m in Lucknow in Govt. job and I was asked for some tests. Dr. advised me Viboliv, Stanlip-145 mg, covance-25 twice and prolimet xl 50 once daily. I m not feeling good to listen that I have BP and these medicines be taken by me for long time. I have been a regular medicine taker from Homyopathi. Pl advise whether there is any course or medicines in Homyo or the above medicines are right for me. Pl advice me
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello Sumer Singh and thanks for writing in at HCM
I am And Jr. to a Cardiologist in India and have read you mail in detail. You have diagnosed as a patient of Benign Essential Hypertension recently, as per the detail you have give. You needs to be investigated further for Lowering the doses or thinking for stopping them. For this you have to go for Echocardiography (ECHO) to rule out effect of High BP on heart, TMT to rule out Coronary Heart Disease, Lipid Profile.
You have help your self for reducing the doses of the medicine or stopping them :
1. Obesity, you can loose weight if you are low weight
2. Dyslipidemia, not known in your case
3. Lack of exercise,do regular exercise for about one hour at a speep of 5 Km per hour
4. Family History, we cant do any thing for this
5. High Sodium Diet, Use low sodium salt like Lona salt or Tata lite salt
6. Take balance diet i.e. calories according to your weight
7. Avoid spicy, fatty or oily food.
By following the above advise and as directed by your doctor you can be helped for your problem.
You can take Homeopathy medicine with the above medicine by consulting your Homeopathy and Cardiology Doctor.
Best Wishes
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia
Nealth care magic
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor