Owl Image

Is there any Vaccination for AIDS?

Is there any vaccination for AIDS? One of my friends saying that it is there in America but is very costly and that is why it is not here at all.
Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I read somewhere that testing is going on in human beings. I think it is only in Africa as of now. But all government will keep it inexpensive so that all can use it I’m sure. It seems it doesn’t protect goras and created hungama because of that some time back because of that- it was quite a long time ago I think. I didn’t read anything recently though.
As of now there is no vaccine for AIDS anywhere in America or India also. Many scientists funded by government and some private companies are also trying to get this vaccine made as fast as possible but they say it may be many years before this becomes a reality. So till then be very careful.
there are various hospitals where research is going on but the definate evidence is not determined
Finding a vaccine is neither easy nor fast, however, and failure of human vaccine trials is common. There's still much that isn't known about the virus or AIDS.
hi guys, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) has only been known since the early years of the 1980s. Since that time, the number of people infected with the causative virus of the syndrome and of those who die from the various consequences of the infection, has grown considerably. In the 1980s and 1990s, researchers were able to establish that the principle target for the maladies associated with AIDS is the immune system. Since then, much research has been directed towards pinpointing the changes in the human immune system due to infection, seeking ways of reversing these changes, or supplementing the compromised immune system to hold the infection in check. The particular immune system component that has been implicated in the progression of AIDS is a type of T cell called the CDC4 T cell. This cell, which is activated following recognition of the virus by the immune system, functions in the destruction of the cells that have been infected by the virus. Over time, however, the number of CDC4

no vaccine for aids till date

Anonymous's Response

There is no & never will be a vaccination for hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS or HIV. It is a constantly evolving virus & therefore even if one particular strain were to be immunised against, a million & one other strains would still be prevelent. People's ignorance towards this virus is astounding - you might as well ask if there is a cure for homosexuality, that's how ignorant such a question is!

There is some kind of "vaccine" sort of that has been said 2 prevent aids, but only with a 7% chance of succes rate with many side effects, there has been talk about it, but its far from being done and or managible to be used.
General & Family Physician Dr. K.S Sanju's  Response
Several AIDS vaccines are in the various stages being tested in the laboratory,animals and humans.It is along and tedious process but there is sufficient evidence to suggest that an effective AIDS vaccine is a scientific possibility.
Great hope !!!!!
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS vaccine, to be more precise vaccine for HIV. It is still in testing phase. No pharamceutical company has till now claimed therapeutic benefit
when we spoke about AIDS ''prevention is better than cure'' because there is no medicine for it.
Diabetologist Dr. R.Ravindranath's  Response
the mechanism any vaccine acts is by producing antibodies which fight against any disease producing antigens or bacteria or virus.as AIDS PRIMARILY AFFECTS THIS MECHANISM presently available methods cannot produce a vaccine against AIDS

SORRY NO AIDS FOR AIDS

be a good boy until then

immunology may help you