Is there an alternative of a wrist fusion surgery?

Hello I went to a hand surgeon yesterday to check out my wrist. years ago I broke my scaphoid bone and the doctor says that it s twisted when it healed and needs to be removed and he says that I need to have four corner wrist fusion and I was wondering if there was any other procedures I could get away with doing besides Fusion I was just wondering if you could help me out thank you
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The wrist fusion is needed as your scaphoid bone had a malunion. This can be assessed only after a look at your X-rays and reports.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.