Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Is there an alternate medication for Etratest? Had hysterectomy in the past

The doctor who was providing my Etrastest is no longer in practice. Is there an over the counter medication like Estratest I can take? How can I get the prescription for Estratest refilled ASAP, when I haven t even FOUND another OBGYN yet? I had a total hysterectomy 8 years ago and am in excellent health. No other medications taken at this time.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
What you were receiving was hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Whether to give HRT and how long to give HRT differs from individual to individual. It has many adverse effects including cancer. DO NOT get the prescription refilled. Kindly consult a gynaecologist or endocrinologist .
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor