Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is there a vitamin or medicine for treatment of shin splints ?

My son is 18 years of age and has ran cross country and track all throught out middle school and High school. He leaves for the Navy SEALS August. He has been to sports Doctors, even had ex rays of his legs. We have changed shoes several different times. Is there a vitamin or any medicine that maybe he could take to maybe help him?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcare magic
first u mention in detail, what is the exact problem. for wt u require medicine.
thn only i will help u.
tk cr
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hey doc, just started my sprinting career i mean truck and feid i went super intense like gave 110% so now my legs are killing me am having shin pain specially the anterior tibalis muscle and knee pain some sort of runners knee. so any helping tips please thanks.

doctor1 MD

I have had a crunching noise n mainly my right ankle for almost 4yrs now since I first had shin splints. It hurts after walking or any physical activity. I stretch/exercise it almost everyday and it still won t go away. Now its somewhat in my left and hurts a lot. Should I go in and see my doctor?

doctor1 MD

I have severe medial shin pain especially when exercising on the treadmill at a higher speed or higher incline. The pain is constant but worse with exercise. I got XRays and it showed mild cortical thickening at the proximal medial metaphysis and the proximal tibial diaphysis. My doctor says it s a normal finding but I m worried it s worse because the pain is pretty severe. Any thoughts?