Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Is there a treatment available to rectify irregular periods ?

Im 23 years old and married on last year, due to irregular periods i went to one gyneocologist she gave yasmin tablet for two cycles. i had that tablet and my periods be regular for 2 months.And she asked to take fertyl on 5th day of my 2nd cycle.then 11th day the follicular scan was taken but ovum is 6mm. again i was not consultant with doctor ..plz tel me any suggestions for irregular periods..
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello sri;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Irregular periods can be due to hormonal problem;ovarian cyst;anaemia;thyroid problems;stress and in your case may be it was polycystic ovarian syndrome.The periods will become regular but after taking the follicular study i guess you did not complete and even you did not consult your doctor.Please understand that to get pregnant these things are important like:-
-regular periods
-proper follicle formation and rupture of it to release ovum
-patent fallopian tubes
-normal semen analysis of your husband.
So complete the follicular study and consult your doctor to make periods regular and induction of ovulation.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor