Is there a permanent cure for Hepatitis B?

Hi, may I answGood Evening Sir. This is Surendra from Chittoor., Andhra pradesh. Sir, I have been suffering from Hepatitis B since March 2009.Sir could you please give me suggestions to cure this disease. Also refer me some good doctors who can provide good treatment near to chittoor district. Thanking you sir, waiting for your kind reply.

er your health
Mon, 9 Nov 2015
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response

The treatment depends on the stage of infection.

a. Acute HBV: no treatment.

b. Inactive HbsAg carrier: no treatment, monitor ALT every 6-12 months, screen for HCC every 2 years

c. chronic HBV with normal ALT: no treatment; monitor ALT every 3-6 months, screen for HCC every two years.

d. chronic HBV with raised ALT: Treat with peginterferon alpha-2a or lamivudine. Adefovir dipivoxil is recommended in patients who are unable to tolerate peginterferon.

There are many other categories also, but as you have not specified which category you belong to, it will be difficult to narrow down your treatment regimen.

For definitive consultation and treatment, you should visit 'Global Hospital' in Perumbakkam, Chennai. The hepatologists and gastroenterologists in this hospital are capable of providing world class care when it comes to liver diseases. In fact, it is the referral hospital in India for liver transplants. They should be help you in this regard.

Hope this helps!