Is there a need for transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy for a patient suffering from Obsessive compulsive disorder?

HELLO SIR , I AM 24 YEARS OLD BOY FROM WEST BENGAL. I AM SUFFERING FROM OCD PURE "O" FOR 7-8 YEARS. MEDICATION IS GOING ON FOR ME. BESIDES IT , MAY I NEED TMS THERAPY? IN INDIA WHERE I CAN GET THIS FACILITIES? WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS THERAPY?
Wed, 22 Jan 2014
hi
thanks for using healthcare magic

OCD is chronic illness and need lone term treatment. If u r not getting response with drugs, u can go for rTMS, but it is not approved for OCD. It is in initially phase of study whether it is beneficial in OCD or not. It is very costly may be upto one lakh for whole treatment course. There r few hospital in Delhi, mumbai, kolkotawhich have rtms facility.

Thanks