• question-icon

Is there a medication for chicken pox scars?

hi im susan from Tanzania. Im 30 years old now. i had chiecken pox when i was 10 years old. its so irritative on my face and the holes are deep. i have recently started using bio oil and Mederma for the scars. can you plse suggest if these will help me or any other suggestion. thanks and looking forward to hear from you soon. regards, susan.
Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Hi and thanks for your query,
Bio oil is good and Medema certainly contains sulphur and steroids. This drug can have the effect of causing some bleaching of your skin or causing a change in skin color. This might affect some collagen fibres in the skin and have negative systemic effects if not used appropriately.
My suggestion is you taking an appointment with a dermatologist. He is better placed to clinically evaluate you, prescribe appropriate drugs that he can easily monitor.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.