Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Is there a medication for chicken pox scars?

hi im susan from Tanzania. Im 30 years old now. i had chiecken pox when i was 10 years old. its so irritative on my face and the holes are deep. i have recently started using bio oil and Mederma for the scars. can you plse suggest if these will help me or any other suggestion. thanks and looking forward to hear from you soon. regards, susan.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  323
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for your query,
Bio oil is good and Medema certainly contains sulphur and steroids. This drug can have the effect of causing some bleaching of your skin or causing a change in skin color. This might affect some collagen fibres in the skin and have negative systemic effects if not used appropriately.
My suggestion is you taking an appointment with a dermatologist. He is better placed to clinically evaluate you, prescribe appropriate drugs that he can easily monitor.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor