Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Is there a cure for damaged ear speaker? Reduction in volume threshold, distortion to much lower sounds. How can this be treated? <br>

Is there a cure for broken speaker ear? My ears are damaged and anytime I m around any loud noise my ears distort and sound like a broken speaker. I ve had this problem for years and consulted ear specialists but no one knew my condition and were no help. As my years progressed with this problem my volume threshold keeps dropping and my ears distort to much lower sounds than I used to be able to withstand. If anyone can help i would be so grateful. Thank you.
Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

From the way you have described about your hearing it is likely that there is damage to the nerve for hearing. The best way to evaluate it by doing a audiometry which will determine the degree of loss. Visit a Otologist who will diagnose and treat you with appropriate aids if necessary.

I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Divya
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor