Is there a connection between the progesterone and hair growth ?

My doctor put me on progesterone with bio identical pellets. I noticed hair growth on my face (upper lip, chin and neck) She told me the progesterone had nothing to do with that. I have since had a hysterectomy and stopped the progesterone and the hair growth has almost stopped. I have also noticed that while on the progesterone my nails and hair grew. My nails usually break and split but not on the progesterone. Since I have stopped the progesterone my nails have started breaking again. Is there a connection between the progesterone and hair growth on face and brittle nails?
Thu, 8 Aug 2019