Is there a connection between nocturnal leg cramps, urgency to urinate, and fainting?

I am a man of 70 who for many years has experienced painful leg cramps, including in calves and the front and back of my thighs. I m controlling the cramps better with hydration, calve stretching, potassium, calcium and magnesium. I exercise regularly. My concern is that on a few occasions I ve awakened with both leg cramps and a need to urinate (sometimes urgency) and fainted in the bathroom injuring myself. Extensive testing by a cardiologist has found no cause. In my recent annual exam by my general physician/cardiologist I maxed out my pulse on a stress test, and generally had good results, although my doctor suggested I increase my aerobic exercise (Nordic track) and be more careful about harmful fats in my diet. I would appreciate any help on a connection between the nocturnal cramps and urgency because of the dangers of fainting. Thank you.
Sat, 28 Dec 2013