Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Is there a complte treatment for Morphea Scleroderma ?

Dear doctor , After reading about scleroderma on your website I m pretty sure I must be suffering from scleroderma. I ve had these tiny white spots with linear dark brown line at the back of my neck area and over the years it has spread to my arms and chest as well. However, i do not seem to have any other health problems ? Yes I do have a lot of acidity on and off on a regular basis ? the skin on my back has turned very dark brown and the skin has also become very dry and rough ? however, the marks that I ve on my arms and chest are relatively 6yrs. old and the back has had the white sopts with linear brown marks since i ve been 14yrs. old.. and it only seems to get worse . is there a complte treatment for this condition and can any treatment completely eliminate these marks ? Arpita
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  948
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello Arpita,
As dr patel said, it is highly unlikely that you are having scleroderma.
Blackening and buring over the back , shoulders and chest --these things take me to Cutaneous amyloidosis ( an innocuous disease, nothing much to worry about). you may send me or dr patel, the pics of your lesions so that we can give a confirmed diagnosis, without much speculation
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi arpita
u need not to worry as u have no scleroderma.
u have striae only.thats natural.
u can apply aloe vera cream only.
in scleroderma gradually ur skin become tight and hard.
its progressive condition ,
i am sure u must not have it so dont worry
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor