Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Is there a chance of ectopic pregnancy even after hysterectomy and menopause ?

I am post- hysterectomy (20 years), and menopausal. I still have one ovary and take no estrogen supplements. I have been experiencing a fluttering feeling in my pelvic area and weight gain in my abdomen only. Is there any chance I could have an ectopic pregnancy?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Agnew
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
It is not possible that you could be pregnant for the reasons that you are menopausal and you had hysterectomy.These could be symptoms due to hormonal imbalance.
I advise you to visit your Gynecologist and get hormone replacement therapy to avoid complications of menopause.
Please include exercise like walking in your daily life to reduce weight gain and obesity.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor