Is there a alternative of Valium for the treatment of anxiety?

My doctor just told me I can’t take Valium and Vicodin at the same time. I only take Vicodin to relieve pain in order to sleep. I take Valium for anxiety occasionally. He said new government rules won’t let him prescribe both. Is there any alternative medication for anxiety.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Valium is a dependence causing drug. Taking it for long duration will make you physical and psychologically dependent on it. There are many drugs available which can be used for anxiety which include SSRI, Buspirone, Venlafaxine (SNRI), etc. They can be used if you need medication for longer duration. Moreover you may just need a single dose to take care of you whole day.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Rohit Kothari