Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Is their a good pill I could add to speed up weight loss ?

ok so I don t know what to do anymore. I have eaten very lightly for a long time. But I still look huge. My friends say I am thin but they lie. I eat around 350-400 calories aday. Should I cut down to 300? or would that make no difference? should i cut more? Is their a good pill i could add to speed up weight loss? I am sick of looking fat it is all I think about. I just want to be thin. I am 17... and I am lost on what to do
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  247
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
First of all, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? When someone says they "look huge!!!" that is a big red flag unless I know more info. Anorexia is a "body image" problem more than just an eating problem. Second, you need to be eating 1500-2000 calories per day or your body will go into starvation mode and conserve your calories by making fat... kinda the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. The ideal way of taking in those calories is to spread them out throughout the day... three meals with two snacks. That keeps all your body systems functioning well throughout the day... Third, once you cut your calories to a healthy well balanced limit... then the idea is to add aerobic exercise. Walking 30-45 min each day is plenty provided you get your heart pumping good. And lastly, make sure you drink lots of water... water flushes out the body of waste. If you get dehydrated, you will lose "weight" but your body will begin to conserve functions and shut down... that's bad. If you truly want to be "thin", then talk with a professional dietitian and your doctor who can help you guide your healthy eating.... Hope this helps Peace
Answered: Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor