Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

170 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is the feeling of blood spurting through the arteries a symptom of arteriosclerosis?

I often felt as if my blood flow spurting through a narrow tube like you did when you hose down the floor or cleaning your car, usually around the right side of the neck and left side of the chest. is this one of the symptoms of hardening arteries / veins ? thanks
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The narrated feeling seems in relation with underlying stress and anxiety induced manifestations rather than narrowing.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My mother died due to arteriosclerosis she was only 48yrs old, she went to the doc the day b4 she died ? for chest pain shouldn t her doctor have and explanation of why they didn t detect this. She has high blood pressure and high cholesterol.. She was so young it would have been detected but ignored by her doc. I wounder is we could sue her doc ?

doctor1 MD

Is atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis used to mean the same which is a plaque of cholesterol that hardens? the arteries? When seeking info, I ve seen both terms used almost interchangeably, except that arteriosclerosis is only referred to cholesterol plaque, as opposed to atherosclerosis which is cholesterol, calcium, platelets, and other debris in the blood. Both were referred as hardening of the arteries . what is the technically correct usage of these terms.

doctor1 MD

I am an 80 year old woman who has recently been diagnosed with arterosclerosis. I m looking for a Cardiologist who specializes in that disease. If a doctor lists her/his expertise as coronary artery disease is that the right doctor for me? Is that the same as arterosclerosis? Please let me know if there s a fee for this before answering. Thank you. Bee bee