Is the constipation due to duodenitis and gastritis or multivitamins?

Hi, I was diagonised with duodenitis and gastristis three months ago. Was prescribed PAN 40 for three months. Now my medication is over but am having alot of constipation problems and also experience blood in stool sometimes. I wanted to know does this condition create constipation or is it do with multivitamins I am also having? Do I need medical help?
Thank you.

Jishit Shah
Sat, 26 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

What the condition you have stated here, "Gastritis and other" are the inflammatory condition and it can be due to infection or injury, and these can not cause the constipation but can cause the blood stain in stool because of inflammatory changes of guts. If the blood stain stool is due to constipation then it is nothing to worry. To resolve constipation you increase water intake, try stool softener like Isabgol husk(Psyllium husk), but for the inflammatory disease if it is ever causing the blood stain stool then you may need medical help hope this information helps.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.