Is swollen feet and hands while on medication for pancreatic cancer normal?

My father has pancreas cancer( metastatic stage). He was taking all sorts of drugs starting from gemcitabine, gemzar, avastin and morphine for pain. He recently started a new treatment that combine 4 different drugs. He is feeling a lot better, he is not in pain anymore but his feet are swollen and now his hands are starting to do that. What does this mean? Should I be concerned ? Is this just an side effect or does it have a bigger meaning? And what can we do to stop them from swelling more?
Fri, 18 Sep 2015