Is swallowing tonsil pus bad for health?

I have a tonsil that seems to conitually weep with pus. My ENT said I have Chronic tonsillitis and should get them removed, that was two years ago. I have been self managing it but nothing has worked to make it stop and yes I have taken antibiotics. Is swallowing this pus bad for my health?
Thu, 16 Jan 2020

Swallowing pus or mucus does not cause any harm and it will get excreted through feces. However, it will be better to spit out the mucus if possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician