Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is surgery the only solution for grade 3 VUR ?

is surgery must for grade 3 VUR with normal DMSA&no hydronephrosis?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Grade 3 VUR in a child if present on one side only maybe managed without surgery and sometimes gets corrected with age. However a regular follow-up is necessary. It is importanrt for you to contact your local urologist and verify whether your child meets all the criteria for conservative management.
Answered: Fri, 3 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Grade three VUR can lead to infection & hydronephrosis.Please consult good urologist.Disclaimer
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response
What is the age of the child? How many years of conservative trial has been given and you need to tell how his growth has been
Answered: Thu, 2 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor