Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Is surgery required to treat fractures in the fibula ?

I went to the ER and Found I have a Old fracture on my right fibula. They put me on a bracelet and I have to go see an Orthopedic. They also gave me pain killers. Would I need surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Fibula bone is not a weight bearing bone,means there is no direct load of your body on it.In most the case the fracture heal by it self with braces and surgery is not required unless it is causing some problem.As this is discovered accidentally I do not think it will require surgery.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If there is signs of Osteomyelits then you may go for surgery.
In surgery they may remove sequestrum.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor