Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Is surgery required to cure varicocele and which medication should I take to get proper motility and good sperm count ?

Hi I am 32 years old, I had a semen test wihcih shows 80 milliom/ml and motility of 20-30%, many sluggish and pin-headed and giant headed sperms are seen, Also scanning revealed mild varicocele on left testes. Should I undergo surgery or take any tablets to cure varicocele. Can I use Himalaya Drus- Speman and Q-Gold capsule to get proper motolity and good sperm count. Please advise
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  382
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Varicocele is one of the commonest causes of decreased sperm motility. While you are having a varicocele, the drugs you have mentioned will not help you much in improving your sperm health. It is best to get yourself operated and then start with these supplements.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor