Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Is surgery required for fibroids in uterus ?

iam 37yrs,underwent usg, excluded large firroid of 67x73mmand uterus insizeof85x73mm endometrialecho 7.9mm, heavy bleeding , anemic ,cycle of 25days and 28 alterantly please suggest me whether i need any surgical intervention cycle is associated with severe pain abdoman heavy bleeding with large lumps ,
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Nephrologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic!!
Decision to go for a surgical interventin depends on whether or n t u still want to conceive. But since posing a health hazard in terms of anemia and also stress f heavy bleeding i guess ur doctor will decide to go for a hystrectomy.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
Management depends on whether you have completed family or not.If yes then surgical treatment(Hysterctomy) will be appropriate.But if u want to retain your menstrual/child bearing function another surgical treatment (Myomectomy)can be done.Before going for surgical treatment u can try medical treatment that is Gnrh agonist therapy for 2-3 months.It reduces bleeding,size of fibroid, improves anemia and makes surgery easier.Your gynecologist will be in best position to decide.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor