Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Is sugar level 320 dangerous and how can it be treated ?

Today my Wife been to the Doctor to Check her Sugar before check the blood she had 1 Glucose Biscuits and Black tea .The Doctor give the report that her report is abnormal 320 .is this Danger what should we do now ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1671
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
What is her age, height and weight? She has abnormally high blood sugar levels. Her normal Fasting Blood Sugar level should be less than 120mg/dl and Post prandial Blood sugar should be less than 140mg/dl. Take her to a Diabetologist as she needs a thorough evaluation, anti diabetic medications and if necessary Insulin therapy.If she is overweight she needs to exercise regularly and avoid high calorie foods to reduce her weight. Let her go for brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes daily, this will keep her sugars under check.
Good Luck.
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor