Is stopping Sertraline, Buspirone and Clonazepam before taking Tylenol the right thing to do?

Qi was prescribed Tylenol 4 for gall bladder pain, I currently take Sertraline, buspirone, and Clonazepam, but have stopped taking them because I was afraid of interactions. I am having gall bladder surgery tomorrow, and will probably be given pain pills. Was I right in stopping my other medications?
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Some of these drugs may indeed interact with opioids, which are commonly used drugs after surgery. Although the risk for these interactions is not very high, most doctors would have discontinued the medications except Clonazepam. The best thing would have been to let your doctor take that decision for you.

Tylenol-4 contains Codeine, which is an opioid and you'll probably need even more potent opioids after the procedure.

I hope you find my comments helpful! Best wishes for your surgery!