Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Is stammering controllable by speech therapy?

Dear Doctor / This is regarding speech therapy - my son is having stammering and he is worried about it to talk in the society. Is it controllable by speech therapy ? If so, are you take up the case. If not advise the best doctor in Guntur to treat it so that we will approach him - thanking you, RambabuJK. Mobile # +91 90 10 20 43 51, Guntur
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Yes, stammering can be corrected by speech therapy and a little perseverance. It is better to work with a speech therapist in your area.

As you have not mentioned the age of the your son, it is difficult to provide some guidelines. A toddler to 5 year age need not be pushed too much. However, if the child is between 5-10 years of age then do work with the speech therapist.

I am not aware of any speech therapist in your area and hence cannot be of much help there.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


Answered: Sun, 4 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor