Is spotting post hysterectomy a cause for concern?

I had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I only had bleeding for 3 days after. Just today, I started spotting then bleeding, not heavy just a bit. Is this a problem? I have been doing my normal activities just not heavy lifting but vacuuming, cleaning, etc.
Mon, 11 Mar 2019

In a hysterectomy, there is a portion of the vagina from where the whole uterus is cut so there is a torn part. That part needs to heal. Specially 3rd week, 4th week, 5th week, there may be spotting.

It is normal, given that it is slight spotting. If heavy bleeding occurs, then, refer to a gynecologist.

It is better if you do not attempt not only heavy work but also moderate work. Up to 2-3 months, do not go for moderate work, do not have anything in the vagina including intercourse.

You must give time to heal the torn part of the vagina. Hope this info helps. But if heavy bleeding occurs, please go to a gynecologist to have an examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dipan Samanta, General & Family Physician