Is sorrel tea good for health?

I had some sorrel tea for Thanksgiving (i think Jamaican sorrel). It was great. Is there a recipe for it. Reading the benefits, they say that it might be poisionous especially if you use over 500 grams. Second questions: How much is 500 grams in terms of teaspoons?
Wed, 11 Jan 2017

I understand your concern. Sorrel is a plant, which is a fascinating perennial herb. Some of the health benefits of use of sorrel include:

1. its ability to boost eyesight
2. aids to strengthen the immune system
3. helps improve digestion
4. involved in building strong bones
5. increase circulation and energy levels
6. help prevent cancer
7. slows the ageing process
8. improve kidney health.

Its intake should not exceed 500 grams. It is equivalent to about 35 tablespoons.

Hope the information provided would be helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

All the best.

Dr. Ashakiran S