Is sore throat due to Tamiflu intake?

My 10 year old son was diagnosed with the flu on 1/20/18 and put on tamaflu. He has stoped running fever but now has an extremely sore throat. It is so sore that he can hardly speak. I was wondering if this could be a reaction from the tamaflu. I was also concerned that he might have strep but thought that he would be running fever.
Fri, 2 Mar 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

The flu can be associated with a sore throat so it is likely as part of the illness that he is experiencing. In most cases of sore throat, the symptoms improve with 3 to 4 days. If they last longer than this or a persistent high fever starts, then bacterial infection (strep throat), would be considered.

Thank you for contacting us. Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician