• question-icon

Is smoking Marijuana advisable while on Remicade?

My spouse has crowns disease. Dr wants to give him remicaid, He is a very heavy drinker, hard alcohol and 12-16 beers per day plus marijuana, We live in Colorado where the marijuana is plentiful and so easy to get. I do not feel h should take the remicaid. What do you think?
Wed, 24 Oct 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

I think he should take Remicade as the doctor has advised. It is unclear why do you think he shouldn't take Remicade.

It is a commonly used and effective treatment for Crohn's disease so it is unclear at least with the little information you provide why you think against it. If there is a specific reason please provide some more info.

As for marijuana, it doesn't interact with Remicade. It is not advisable to smoke it, but that is for the same reasons it is not advised in all individuals, there is not a particular contraindication in this case.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Olsi Taka, Neurologist