Is skin darkening due to the Penidure injection being discontinued?

Hi, this is raju. at the age of 10 i had swelling in my joints(knees, wrist) also sometimes to breathe(as i felt twisting like experience in my heart). and local doctor prescribed its a rheumatic fever, and suggested to take penidure injection every 21 days, till age of 30 to 35. Now i am 27, from past 2.5 years i stopped taking it due to busy life in bng(also neglected). Now i realized that i have to undergo diagnosis, also my skin is becoming dark... is this because i stopped taking this drug. Please help me with this
Tue, 19 Feb 2019