Is shoulder pain associated with cervical spine disorder?

On my neck, the right side bone is protruding much more than the left side bone. I noticed it a few days ago. My right shoulder has been sore for awhile and I have had physical therapy for it over the past 3 years. I don t know if the shoulder pain is related to the neck bone problem.
Mon, 17 Dec 2018

It could be due to conditions like cervical spondylitis. As a first line management, you can take analgesics like Paracetamol or Aceclofenac for pain relief.

If symptoms persist better to consult an orthopaedician and get evaluated. An MRI neck is required for further assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician