Is sharp pain in the chest a symptom of a heart disorder?

I ve been having a lot belching for the past year. pain to my left side I was thinking it was stomach issues. today I ve been feeling a sharp pain in the center of my chest...like a pinching feeling that I haven t felt before. I don t have shortness of breath or nausea. do you think this is heart related?
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, it might be related to heart problems. Your doctor should order an ECG and some blood tests for you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards.