• question-icon

Is sharp pain in lower abdomen upon coughing suggestive of muscle strain?

I have a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen when I cough. I have had a cold for a couple weeks. The sneezing from my cold caused my back to go out. I went to the clinic and got prescriptions for tramodol, cyclobenzaprine, a cough medicine pill, and another pill I can t remember the name of. They caused constipation. A few days later my stomach pain appeared. Could this just be muscle strain or should I be worried?
Mon, 26 Dec 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi...

Welcome to healthcare magic.
According to your complain you have problem of stomach pain that may be of because of excessive coughing strain a muscle.
Strain muscle relief occurs within a week.

You are mentioned there is constipation problems also occurs .Constipation cause tighting of abdominal area.

Take a bulk forming agent like psyllium.
Drink a more water per day..
Take kiwi and peach helpful in digestion.

Take high fiber foods like whole grains, oats...etc.
Avoid gaseous foods like cabbage, cauliflower and carbonated drinks etc..
Consult a gastroenterologist for further treatment.

I hope my guidance helpful to you..
Thank you.