Is severe itching all over the body related to RSD?

I was diagnosed with atypical RSD about 5 yrs. ago after have thumb reconstruction surgery. I ve been okay and able to deal with it. However, about two weeks ago my skin started itchy all over my body. I feel the itchiness, don t touch the area (after seeing what scratching can do to your skin), and notice the area that feels itchy is fiery red. If I don t scratch it, it eventually goes away and starts to itch and get red somewhere else on my body. Could this be related to the RSD?
Wed, 25 May 2016
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Itching all over the body may be due to scabies infection. Apply calamine or scaboma lotion over whole body below neck after taking bath with warm water at night. Take levocet or avil for severe itching along with bandy-plus one stat and one after seven days. Also take some multivitamin tablets.