Is severe anger followed by pain in the head a symptom of stroke?

After being very angry, I experienced severe pain in my head, neck and shoulders. I am 62 years of age and this has happened 3 times now after anxiety. Could it be early stroke signs? The first time it happened my doctor said it was a blood pressure surge. It is very scary and I need to lie down for about half an hour before it starts to subside.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Neurologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

These are not signs of stroke but rather severe headaches triggered by psychological stress and anxiety. You may be suffering from what is called Mood or Behavioral Dyscontrol often referred colloquially as suffering from Anger Management Issues. There is therapy and treatment for this but you should consult a qualified psychologist or psychiatrist for steps on how to deal with these symptoms to avoid the headaches.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.