Is seafood the prime source of iodine?

Seafood is also prime source of iodine true or false?
Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Drug/Medication ,  
's  Response

Thank you

Can someone be weaned off chronic medication for hypertension

benedetto's  Response
true

how long do yuou have to wait before you can go in the sun after iodine radiation treatment?

I am allergic to Betadine. I recently had cataract surgery and after my 2nd eye was completed, within 3 hours I had an allergic reaction with severe tearing, pain, swelling of the eye and eye ball itself. I asked what they used for an antiseptic and was told Aplicare. Does Aplicare contain iodine or something similar to Betadine?

Hello. Is Actalin okay to take if one has a total thyroidectomy and takes a daily regiment of synthroid (or levothyroxin? How can one get iodine? Is it in a combination or available alone as a prescription or over the counter drug? Over the past 12 months I have lost almost all of my hair and am near bald now (female). Wonder if this has to do with my thyroid condition? Is this a typical side effect?

Recent questions on  Iodine-131

My Husband was diagnosed with graves disease , was on carbimazole for a couple of years, which was successfully keeping his TSH within normal levels, but then suddenly wasn t. He took the radioactive iodine tablet in June this year, then he had a very low TSH so upped his medication again (after stopping for the treatment) then suddenly from one month to the next, his TSH level went from very low to very high, indicating a serious level of hypothyroidism . He saw his specialist, who said to reduce the amount of carbimazole he was on from 20mg per day, to 15mg per day. He feels terrible. It has been a month now since his last blood test, and if his TSH remains so high, would it not be wise to remove the Carbimazole altogether? Why would the specialist not suggest stopping that drug immediately?

Hi Doctor, I am 39 with a tubal ligation 6 years ago. I also had Graves Disease which we treated with radioactive iodine about 10 years ago and have been great since except for vitamin b shots monthly which help my fatigue. I am having a menstrual cycle this month for over 20 days! At first, I thought it could be related to the factors above, but, I also have a herniated disc and just received my 2nd epidural cortisone injection and see that this could be a side effect. Any thoughts? I am seeing my endocronologist today and my Gyn tomorrow.

I am 36 yr old I have polycystic ovarian syndrome I was trying for iui for several times . i am facing hormonal disbalace. My husband done total thyroidectomy followed by radioactive iodine therapy for the papilary carcinoma of thyroid gland. His sperm count is also was very low . after taking fertyl m along with co-q for three month his sperm count was increased to 50 million nad the motility was 12% . Please suggest me that what should be our best options either doing ivf or anything else? please suggest..

This morning I experienced slight discomfort on a crown in my mouth. Since then, that side of my throat has begun hurting, and now my throat is tender to touch on the outside. I have no fever. I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism 10 years ago and received radioactive iodine treatment. I have taken a daily synthroid tablet ever since.

Hi I have been diagnosed with Graves disease. The endocrinologist who asked me to take the technetium uptake test had prescribed PTU 100 mg 3 times a day and inderal 40 mg twice a day. We read about PTU and took a second opinion from another...

I recently had a sono of my thyroid . Results were 0.2x0.3 x 0.2 hypoechoic nodule in midpole. 2.9x2.1x1.6 cm predominantly solid nodule in the midpole, the right lobe of the thyroid gland is heterogeneous