Is scabies a contagious disease?

Hi - My adult daughter was recently diagnosed with scabies . Dr didn t order others to be treated however advised on washing of clothing, etc in HOT water. That was done however, I m scared now. I have this feeling on my lower/upper arms and lower legs and it feels like sharp pricks off and on....not real itching per se.....could this be related to the scabies ? Also, occasionally, I see these little white looking things that appear on my skin. It almost looks like pus that would squeeze out of a pimple, however, its a little hard (not too hard though).....what is this?
Tue, 13 Jun 2017
Diabetologist 's  Response

I have gone through the details provided and do understand your concern. Scabies is a contagious disease, but spreads when individuals have very unclean habits and surroundings also are unhygienic. Washing clothes particularly inners in hot water does eliminate the mites.

The lesions of scabies usually begin in skin folds like axilla (armpit), groin, between toes and webs of fingers, etc. They are very itchy ones. There is no pus unless bacterial infection is super added. The ones described do not seem to be due to scabies. May be some allergic eruptions. I do not see reason to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar