Is right abdominal pain common during pregnancy ?

Hello, i m 27 weeks pregnant and for the past couple of weeks have been having really bad pain on my right hand side at the bottom of my ribs which comes on when i am sitting. It feels slightly better if i hold it in with my hand whilst sitting, or it completely goes when lying down. Is this just the baby pushing everything up and do you think its going to last the rest of the pregnancy . Thank
Sat, 14 Jan 2012
hello,
it may be due to pressure symptom or due to hormonal effect on g i tract structures.if pain is severe enough consult your doctor.take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,cerina thanks for query.I think this is external muscular pain and may be due to some pressure on it due to something.You can apply some local analgesic over it and it will go.Growing baby I think is not the reason for this.bye.