Is red meat bad for the heart??

a cardiologist told my husband yest that red meat is bad for the heart...do u agree?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Like everything else it's bad if you over do it. Heck remember they use to say Eggs are bad now they say the incredible edible egg. The same has happened to pork as well. Granted a lot of farmers inject hormones and stuff into their cattle now a days and no one knows what the long term effects from that may be till 10 or more years down the road. I found an article from 1999 stating that lean red meats are good for you. "Chicken and fish traditionally have been considered healthier than red meat because many cuts of red meat can have too much saturated fat," says Peter O. Kwiterovich, M.D., director of The Johns Hopkins University Lipid Clinic. "Now, lean cuts of red meat are readily available to consumers. If you follow a heart-healthy diet, it doesn't make a difference whether you eat red meat or white meat, as long as you choose lean cuts."