Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is recurrent malaria curable ?

my father suffered from malaria last year and undergone treatment for it. he was ok for 1 year. few dys ago he was feeling fatigue and had low temperature . he then had a blood test and fond positive for malaria. is there any remedy for complete relief from malaria.or will that virus be always in his blood?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
It happens that some have recurrent malaria. Malaria is caused by a parasite plasmodium.There are very effective medicines available to eradicate Plasmodium completely.It is possible that your father might have been infected with different variety of parasite than the previous one.I advise you to visit your Physician and get him evaluated thoroughly.Regular treatment can definitely eliminate malaria from his body.

Good luck &Take care
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor