Is pulmonary tuberculosis a contagious disease?

H. This is very important. My boyfriend has been diagnosed with the PTB LUL. What does that mean? And recently we kissed and i have a flu that time and he did not know he possessed that kind of illness, is there a chance that i will get the same PTB LUL? Thankyou.
Fri, 8 Jul 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome To HCM & Thanks For Asking Your Query Here

Yes pulmonary tuberculosis is a infectious disease and When people with TB in their lungs or throat cough, laugh, sneeze, sing, or even talk, the germs that cause TB may be spread into the air. If another person breathes in these germs there is a chance that they will become infected
so as u have kissed there high chances of infection and u should undergo all necessary testings to make sure is there any infection in your Respiratory tract

finally i would strongly suggest you to see Your dr , he may go for all necessary medical investigations to rule out this

I hope it help
Thanks again